Sheltering in Place can get tedious and old very quickly.
While many of you are home because; they have deemed your business non-essential and may have lost your job. Or you are working from home because of underlying health issues (as I am), or are following the Shelter in Place recommendations(as Marissa is) to stay at home, boredom does sets in.
We have put together a list of resources with activities that may help to fill your time. Marissa, our Office Manager (and daughter) will update the list weekly. If you have any websites, YouTube videos, or suggestions that others might enjoy, please email her at [email protected]@gmail.com, and she will add it to the list.
Here are ways to keep your kids engaged while “distance learning” at home:
Keep to a schedule!
- This website has schedules for grades K-11 (12th Grade is coming soon)
- Give Choices
- This particular choice-board is geared towards younger children but can be adapted to older kids if needed.
- Use the internet to your advantage
- Limiting screen time is still essential to keep kids on schedule for when they do eventually go back to school but allow them to use educational apps when mom and/or dad need to work or just need a short break.
Arts & Crafts projects to do at home
- Put those empty tissue boxes to good use.
- Make a game out of paper airplanes.
- This project can also be a fun science lesson.
- This website has some great at home kid-friendly workouts
- I (Marissa) do this one at least two times per week since my gym closed
- I (Marissa) have started this one this week. HIIT but low impact
- “Self Care-antine”: How to Practice Self Care When You’re Quarantined –
- The Foolproof Guide to Removing Gel Polish at Home
More to do
- The 13 Best Places to Order Meat Online in 2020
- 12 Best Free Movie Websites
Healthy food recipes
- Who doesn’t love tacos?
- Great dessert options to curb that sweet tooth
Quick, and easy breakfast option